Sunday, October 11, 2009

Baby Maxwell Update :)

Our precious baby

We enjoyed the ultrasound for our little "Twenty-Ten" (as in 'coming in 2010') baby this past week! Of course, I get very anxious and nervous before every single OB appointment and I couldn't wait to get started on the ultrasound. Adalyn received her cup of teddy graham snacks and we got started. The baby looked great and kicked and moved all over against the ultrasound wand. We saw the head, spine and heart and saw the fluid in the stomach and bladder from Twenty-Ten swallowing the amniotic fluid. Ultrasound technology is so amazing! I love how cool it is to "see" babies before they are born. Adalyn sat with Jamey and they watched on a separate screen. When she saw the baby, she got really excited. She kept saying hi and then said, "I hug you, baby." She tells her stuffed animals, dolls, the cat and dog and Jamey and I that she wants to hug us all the time lately. She really loves seeing babies right now and it was so neat she could recognize we were looking at a baby. It was the sweetest thing! Jamey and I kept grinning at each other.

Pondering moment....should I give them a peek or not?


Anyway, this baby did not want to reveal anything else to us without a lot of attempts by the doctor and twisting and turning acrobatics on my part. We finally got a shot when Twenty-Ten's legs were not crossed or curled up and the angle was not the best, but it looks like we are expecting a GIRL!
Our doctor is about 80-90% sure at this point. We'll have another ultrasound around 32 weeks I believe and hopefully we'll be able to confirm then, as the baby will probably be head down.
(The poll results were 8 votes for boy (44%) and 10 votes for girl (55%)

Showing off that little bicep


I had to drag this post on, since it took awhile for us to find out too :) Now we get to start working on names and the fun of picking things out for this new little baby. Fortunately we will be able to reuse many things but it will be fun getting some new things too. We are very thankful for a healthy baby and we're excited for Adalyn to have a little sister!

1 comment:

Dana Lynn said...

I love the post! I am anxious to hold this little one. Ultrasounds are amazing how you can actually see the baby's face in detail. I can't wait for your next one :)

I love the new layout of your blog!