Thursday, October 1, 2009

20 Weeks!

Wow! I am now over 20 weeks pregnant, over halfway to our due date! Time is going by so fast I just can't believe it. It has been interesting to compare this pregnancy with my pregnancy with Adalyn. I've always heard every pregnancy is different and so far I know that must be true :) I did have morning sickness both times, it started earlier with Adalyn but seemed worse this time around. The worst symptoms are the headaches/migraines, which are much worse this time. I have been getting several a week with a few really bad migraines. I can't seem to figure out if anything triggers them other than hormone changes. Tylenol doesn't help these headaches either. We are hoping they start to improve soon....it is becoming extremely frustrating. Of course, every symptom is worth it when the sweet little baby arrives!

Anyway, I am already bigger this time, I think? :) At least it looks that way. I started out at the exact same weight I was when I became pregnant with Adalyn and I have gained about the same or less so far but my belly is just popping out! I started feeling this baby move even before 15 weeks! I didn't feel Adalyn move until 19 weeks, which is closer to the typical time. So, it has been different and fun to think back and remember my pregnancy with Adalyn while I am experiencing this pregnancy. It is so neat when Adalyn is sitting with me on my lap/hip while we are reading or snuggling and I can feel this baby kicking and squirming away. It is so amazing to have both of my babies so close to me :)

We have our next appointment on Tuesday so maybe we will find out if Adalyn is going to have a new brother or a new sister. Make sure you vote your guess in our poll at the top of the blog if you haven't already :)

And, some photos of my 20-week belly:
Photo disclaimers: please note the shadow is not part of my belly!




Today, October 1st, marks eleven years that Jamey and I have been together! We first met at the mall while we each had friends meeting and I was on my lunch break from my first job at Sears. We sat at the fountain. So today, it was fitting that we had to go to the mall and Adalyn ran circles around the fountain. It's so neat to think what transpired over eleven years to result in our sweet daughter playing where we first met!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable blog! So sweet. You look great! Congratulations!!! We need to get our girls together really soon! They would have fun together!

Jill said...

My goodness, you have really "popped" out since I saw you 2 weeks ago! So cooooooool!

Congrats on your 1st meeting 11 years ago-wow, how time flies. I can just see Adalyn running circles around the fountain laughing.

I think you are going to have a girl and Russ says it's a boy. We'll find out who is right real soon now. How exciting!

Dana Lynn said...

YAY for pregnant belly pictures! That little baby sure is growing :)

Sorry about your headaches/migraines...I hope those stop real soon.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your ultrasound appt. and hope you find out if the baby is a boy or girl so we can really prepare for the new addition.