Monday, January 19, 2009

Getting ready for the Big One!

We are getting ready for Adalyn's first birthday! Her party will be on Sunday and I can't wait until she gets into her birthday cake! It has been an amazing year watching our little baby grow up into a beautiful butterfly. We took some photos of her a few weeks ago and used one of the photos to make her butterfly-theme party invitation.

The photo from her invitation




















She has been walking around and learning many new things lately. I call her my little "busybody" because she she is always exploring things and is constantly on the go. She knows where her own and other's hair is and she touches it when asked. It is really cute to see her brushing her hand over her hair and if you hand her the baby hairbrush she pulls it over her hair, too! She has been learning and recognizing many new words and objects and points at or retrieves some things when asked. When I know she needs to be changed, I ask her "should we go change your diaper?" and in the last few days, she has either walked or crawled into her room and over to her changing table ahead of me. It is so cute, she justs heads over and turns around to see that I am coming right behind her!
She now has eight teeth, the four on top and four on the bottom. Her little teeth are cute but since she has the front teeth now, I miss her little "fangs!"

2 comments:

Dana Lynn said...

Ahhh, please make her stop growing up so fast!
I love the new stories and how her learning development advances everyday!
I like the close-up photo of her with the hat on...her skin is so perfect.
Everything is just perfect about her!

Dawn said...

Wow, I can't believe she is a year old already. Time goes by too fast. Have fun at the birthday party - I can't wait to see the pictures of her and her cake.