Thursday, January 8, 2009

First Solo Steps and Carousel Ride!!

This evening, Adalyn surprised the heck out of me by taking at least 5 steps on her own! I left the living room to start her meal and came back to the doorway and baby gate and watched as she stood up and just took off. She covered about 3 1/2 feet and then fell/sat down. It was pretty funny that she waited until I left the room and then tried out her walking skills on her own. She didn't even know I was watching her until she was sitting down again and I started cheering for her. I was frozen when I saw her walking alone and I think I just stared with my mouth open:) She walks around with her push toys and takes a few steps in between furniture and to us but this was without any support at all. It is pretty amazing when your little baby has grown up enough to take some steps on her own! Of course she wouldn't walk on her own after I came back in so hopefully I can get a video sometime soon.

Last weekend we really needed a distraction to keep our minds off how much we were missing Roo and we took Adalyn to the Carousel. We only took one ride but Adalyn really enjoyed it. She was looking around at all the horses and liked the organ music and lights. We took a few pictures, nostalgic style.

Adalyn and Jamey


Adalyn was too interested in the lights and horses to look at the camera :)


Waiting for our turn to ride


Sitting on our chariot (hint: face forward, not out, when riding in this! So dizzy:)

1 comment:

Dana Lynn said...

I am still in shock that she is able to walk on her own! I can't wait till I get to watch her. Your little baby is walking and just about one year old! :) I am so excited for you and Jamey!

By the way, very cute pictures of you all at the Carousel.