Sunday, March 8, 2009

Signs, Words and Cute photos

We have been busy and I am overdue for updating our blog! Adalyn has been learning a lot of new things and it has been a blast to communicate more with her. I had intended to teach her some sign-language words when she was around 7 months old but I found it was kind of difficult to sign using both hands when I was usually doing something with one of my hands so I put it on hold. We started again around her first birthday and she has picked right up on the signs we have worked on! She signs "all done," "more," "food," "milk" and a few others. At lunch today, she signed "more" and pointed at the crackers on the table. It is so neat to see her make the connections to ask for what she wants when she doesn't have the vocabulary yet. She is saying a lot more words also. She has been saying "momma" for a few weeks and it just melts my heart when she says it and runs over to give me a hug! So sweet!

Jamey and I have been working a lot on a new project this past week. We will have more details soon!

Jamey's sister Jen came over with our niece Brenna last week and we took some pictures of the little cousins. Adalyn and Brenna are five months apart and so cute together. They were really fun pictures to take and they made a great birthday gift for Jamey's mom Coral! We took a lot of pictures but here are some of my favorites:

































5 comments:

Dana Lynn said...

Cute pictures of the cousins!
Adalyn's a little model:)
I like how she put the flower up to her face.
I'm excited to hear more about this project!

Dawn said...

They are so cute. It looks like Brenna is almost is big as Adalyn! It really looks like Adalyn's hair is finally starting to thicken up - YEAH!

I am excited to hear about your new project too.

I am going to try and make it up in April. I can't wait to see everybody.

Unknown said...

Aww, those pictures are just adorable!

Unknown said...

I gave you a bloggy award. Stop by to check it out.

Dawn said...

Can't believe how much they have grown. They are so cute.
Love,
Grandma Coulter