Thursday, September 24, 2009

Western Montana Fair week

We visited our local fair during the week of August 11th. Our fairgrounds is in the middle of town, just blocks from our house and it always brings back that nostalgic feeling when they set up at the end of summer. It is really enjoyable to bring Adalyn to the fair and experience the magic and excitement through a child's eyes again, it is more fun than I remember from my childhood! Adalyn really enjoyed the animals and the bug carnival ride. We took her on it several times and she didn't want to get off when it was time to leave.

Jamey and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary on August 12th and we attended the Sawyer Brown concert at the fair that evening. It was a great concert. They are known for their energetic performances and we enjoyed a wonderful time. Sometimes it is hard to believe three years have passed so quickly!

Also, I attended the Chicks N Chaps rodeo clinic with my mom and sister on Friday. This event is a newer yearly fundraiser for breast cancer research with the Tough Enough to Wear Pink organization. Although the weather was not typical for the time of year, it rained and was quite cold, we had a fun time! We watched rodeo demonstrations, enjoyed refreshments, got cool swag bags, entered raffles, had photos taken with cowboys and then watched the fair rodeo performance. I'm looking forward to attending again next year!

Tasting some fair food


Look at the animals, Daddy!


Being cool in the cow barn


The cow barn dance!


They say "Baaaa baaaa!"


Ready for a buggy take-off


This ride is going to be so fun!
/>

Jamey waiting for the concert to start. For some reason, we forgot to get a picture of the two of us together :( I also didn't get photos of the stage, only some short videos.


My mom watching the bull riding demonstration at Chicks 'N Chaps


Dana enjoying the festivities while wearing her special name tag ;)


Mom standing in front of her favorite bull

2 comments:

Dana Lynn said...

I see that Adalyn loved the fair food and animals!
I had a great time wearing pink and sportin' my #69 with you and mom at the rodeo. It was about time the three of us did something together:)

I like how Mom is holding her beer in each photo. hehe!

Jill said...

Adalyn sure was a busy girl at the fair and Silverwood. I'm sure it will be an annual event.

We all looked good at Chicks and
Chaps and that's no BULL!!

The rain must have made me thirsty that day-tee hee