Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Long Weekend and Finger-Snapping!

We had a fun three-day weekend with Valentine's day and President's day. On Valentine's day, my mom and Russ offered to babysit Adalyn so Jamey and I could go out to dinner. We left when Adalyn was busy showing them things in the other room so she never saw us leave. She gets really upset when she sees me leave, but not seeing our exit was fine! She played with them the whole time until she fell asleep when my mom rocked her right before we got home. She had so much fun! Thanks very much mom and Russ for watching her! We really appreciated a dinner out.

We also spent some time with Dana and went back to the Carousel. Adalyn loves the horses and it only costs a few dollars for all of us to ride. One ride is definitely enough for me!

Adalyn checking the horses out again with Jamey and Aunt Dana


Riding the ponies!


The weather was nice enough to go for a walk on Monday afternoon too. Last year, the weather on President's Day was about the same and we took Adalyn on her first neighborhood walk.

Last year....
Three weeks old, little sleepy head


Bundled up for her first walk one year ago


She slept through the entire walk then


Pushing our little one in her stroller


This year....
Wide awake and sporting some shades


All smiles


Pushing our sweet girl



Adalyn has recently started snapping her fingers. We couldn't figure out how she learned this but then realized we snap to get her attention for photos sometimes and we also snap at the cat to get off the table so she must have picked it up. Jamey and I both think we didn't learn to snap our fingers until we were much older, maybe 10 :) After her meal, I caught her snapping and showing some of the body parts she has learned.


4 comments:

Dawn said...

I am jealous of you weather. I am not sure I could find the sidewalk under the snow to go for a walk. I love her little sunglasses. How do you get her to leave them on?

Dana Lynn said...

Snapping her fingers? That is unbelievable! She even knows the right fingers to use! Lets just say, I'm impressed! =)
I was trying to remember...was that the walk last year that I joined and we went to Ty's house?

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

Dawn- I hope your snow starts to melt soon! Adalyn must think her sunglasses are cool now because she walks around the house with them on...for a while anyway. I think she likes wearing them because she sees us with them on too. Hair bows still don't stay in long though!

Dana- I looked at my pictures and you came with us on March 9th last year when we walked to Ty's house. If I remember right, she slept through most of that walk too!