Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Emery 2 months


Tummy Time

Emery had her two-month appointment yesterday. It wasn't just my imagination causing me to think she has almost outgrown her bassinet, she has grown four inches since birth! Her length is now 24 inches, which is the 95th percentile. I am amazed how long she is right now, she may be a tall girl like her big sis. She weighs 11 lbs. 13 oz. She is even wearing some 3-6 month shirts and pajamas right now as some of the 0-3 and 3 month ones are getting short.



She has really been smiling and interacting a lot. She is very interested in watching what Adalyn is doing and is really cute to see her turn her head and follow her the best she can. I have been trying to get as much cuddle time in with her when I can, especially during Addy's naps and bedtime. She is a great sleeper at night. Since she came home, she has slept 5-8 hour stretches at night. The first days I set an alarm to wake me to feed her every 3-4 hours but she was gaining weight so well her pediatrician agreed I could just let her sleep until she woke up on her own. She sleeps much lighter during the day as she feeds quite frequently to make up for the long sleep stretches at night.



I just love my girls so much! It can be challenging to care for two little ones who often both have needs at the exact same time, and that is a story for another post, but I think things are going quite well! It just seems so natural and perfect that Emery is part of our family and we are all enjoying her as she develops her own personality.

I have quite a few cute Easter pics I am working on, we sure had a busy few days and Adalyn had a blast egg-hunting so I really have to share those pics soon!

2 comments:

dugasj said...

That last pic of Emery is SO adorable! :)

Dana Lynn said...

Wow, she is such a cutie!!!
I can't believe how fast she is growing. She's supposed to be itty-bitty since she's just 2 months old. hehe! Well, she is a very healthy baby so that is what matters the most. I can't wait to see her and Adalyn Sunday! Of course, you and Jamey too. :)