Tuesday, January 19, 2010

More stuff ready for Baby Sister

We have been so busy lately. Jamey has been working on the bathroom whenever he has a spare minute and it is coming along. Adalyn will be two years old next Monday! We have been getting ready for her party this weekend. In every spare minute, I have been making decorations and things for her party and moving things around to prepare for our baby's arrival. I have been struggling with a lot of exhaustion lately and horrible swelling in my feet. My blood pressure has consistently been fine so there aren't any concerns about the swelling but it is extremely excessive. I can barely get my Dansko clogs on to leave the house, and they are normally loose! They have been very swollen since just before Christmas so it seems like it has been going on forever. Anyway, not trying to complain, just tired of painful swollen feet all day :) My next appointment is Thursday so we'll see if there is any prediction on how soon this little girl will be arriving!

A few more things we got for the baby:

I was planning on re-using a crib skirt from Adalyn's crib set but found this one on clearance at Target yesterday for $5. It is really cute and was originally $22 so we nabbed it. It doesn't match the colors exactly but it is pretty close and it should look really nice with the sheets and comforter. The set we bought didn't come with a crib skirt and the matching one was about $19 so we held off on buying it.



A long time ago I found this boppy pillow and super soft fleece slipcover for a really cheap price at TJMaxx so I grabbed it. I used my boppy pillow with Adalyn constantly for almost every feeding and it is really flat now so I really wanted to invest in a new one since I find them so useful. I'll reuse the other covers from before and use the older boppy for propping baby up or for Adalyn to use for her dolls :)



The new pack and play we got at our shower. The one we had for Adalyn actually broke and then after throwing it away since we couldn't fix it, we found out it was recalled as well. This one is a smaller size so it should fit better in our living room. I really wanted to get a new one to have a "safe place" to put the baby out of Adalyn's reach if I can't hold her for a second. We should be getting a lot of use out of it.



The new double stroller we got at our shower. It changes from regular seating to a sit and stand version so Adalyn can stand on the back when she gets bigger. We are looking forward to trying it out and using it a lot this summer!

No comments: