Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Eve and Morning

We visited my Grandma Dolly on Christmas Eve Day and made a quick trip to my mom's to drop off gifts for Christmas Day, as we knew we would have a packed vehicle on Christmas morning. We had a relaxed evening and Jamey made a delicious meal of lobster tail, crab legs, asparagus and broccoli slaw and garlic mashed potatoes. It was so delicious. I am lucky Jamey loves to cook because I really don't (I do like to eat though :) Adalyn opened one early present from us and we read Christmas books before bed. On Christmas morning, just the three of us woke up and opened gifts. It was just as exciting for Jamey and I to see Adalyn open her stockings and see her gifts as it was for her! Adalyn wanted to play with each gift she saw or opened so she took a break to play while Jamey and I opened our stockings and gifts to each other :) Addy really liked her gifts from Santa and mommy and daddy but she got tired so we ate some french toast, gave her a bath and then she took a nap before we left to celebrate Christmas at my mom's and stepdad's house. Addy even had two gifts she didn't have a chance to open so she opened them the next day when we got home from Jamey's parents.

A few photos from Christmas morning:

Elmo's Restaurant from Santa!


Helping Daddy open a present


Ellie's favorite gift...leftover tissue and wrapping paper!


New bath baby doll, she was so amazed it could come into the tub with her :)


Giving the baby a drink of "cocoa," her favorite "pretend beverage" to serve lately

No comments: